|NFL Exp.:||3 (3rd with Chiefs)|
• Third-year linebacker earned his second-consecutive trip to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl in 2013, joining seven teammates for the NFL all-star game.
• Was named the club's Mack Lee Hill Award winner following the 2011 season, an honor bestowed on Kansas City's top rookie or first-year player.
• Had 11.0 sacks in 2013 to tie for the team lead.
• He became the third-fastest Chiefs player to reach 20.0 sacks to start a career (since sacks became an official stat in 1982) after Derrick Thomas (25 games) and Jared Allen (30 games), crossing the 20.0-sack plateau in 35 contests.
• Set a single-game career-high with 4.5 sacks (-28.0 yards) of QB Michael Vick at Philadelphia (9/19/13), ranking as the third-best single-game performance in franchise history behind a pair of Derrick Thomas performances - 7.0 vs. Seattle (11/11/90) and 6.0 vs. Oakland (9/6/98).
• His 4.5 sacks at Philadelphia (9/19/13) tie for the NFL single-game high for the 2013 season.
• Earned AFC Defensive Player of the Week following performances in Week 1 and Week 3 and was named AFC Defensive Player of the Month for September compiling 19 tackles, 7.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries and one forced fumble as he helped the Chiefs to a 4-0 record in the season's opening month. He became the first Chiefs linebacker to win AFC Defensive Player of the Month since Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker Derrick Thomas in 1997.
• Has started one career postseason game, tallying four tackles (three solo), including one for loss, a sack (-7.0 yards), three QB pressures, one pass defensed and one fumble recovery.
• Started all 16 games for the first time in his career in 2012, recording 66 tackles (53 solo), 10.0 sacks (-69.0 yards), one interception for 32 yards, six passes defensed, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and 19 QB pressures.
Signed with Kansas City (8/4/11) ... Selected in the third round (70th overall) by Kansas City in the 2011 NFL Draft.
2013: Started 11 contests at left outside linebacker, posting 44 tackles (41 solo), including 11 for loss, 11.0 sacks (-75.0 yards), 15 QB pressures, four passes defensed, two fumble recoveries and a forced fumble ... Was inactive with an elbow injury for four contests and was active but did not play in one contest ... Started in one postseason contest ... Logged five solo tackles, including three for loss, recorded 3.0 sacks (-27.0 yards) of QB Blaine Gabbert and had three QB pressures to earn AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors at Jacksonville (9/8) ... Grabbed five solo tackles vs. Dallas (9/15) ... Posted a single-game career high 4.5 sacks (-28.0 yards) of QB Michael Vick, registered seven tackles (six solo), including four for loss, five QB pressures, three passes defensed, a forced fumble on a sack-and-strip and two fumble recoveries at Philadelphia (9/19) to earn AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors for the second time in three weeks ... Grabbed two solo tackles vs. the N.Y. Giants (9/29) ... Logged four solo tackles, including one for a loss, 1.0 sack (0.0 yards) of QB Ryan Fitzpatrick) and one QB pressure at Tennessee (10/6) ... Posted two solo tackles, 1.0 sack (0.0 yards) of QB Terrelle Pryor and three QB pressures vs. Oakland (10/13) ... Grabbed three solo tackles, including one for loss, 0.5 sacks (-10.0 yards) of QB Case Keenum and a QB pressure vs. Houston (10/20) ... Tallied one solo tackle for loss, 1.0 sack (-10.0 yards) of QB Jason Campbell, and two quarterback pressures vs. Cleveland (10/27) ... Grabbed four tackles (three solo), including one for loss at Buffalo (11/3) ... Posted 10 tackles (nine solo) and a pass defensed at Denver (11/17) ... Added one tackle before leaving the game with an elbow injury vs. San Diego (11/24) ... Was inactive with elbow injury vs. Denver (12/1), at Washington (12/8), at Oakland (12/15), vs. Indianapolis (12/22) ... Was active but did not play at San Diego (12/29) ... Started an AFC Wild Card Game at Indianapolis (1/4/14), logging four tackles (three solo), including one for loss, 1.0 sack of QB Andrew Luck (-7.0 yards), three QB pressures, one pass defensed and a fumble recovery of a RB Trent Richardson fumble before leaving the game with a knee injury.
2012: Started all 16 contests at left outside linebacker, recording 66 tackles (53 solo), including 13 for loss, 10.0 sacks (-69.0 yards), an interception, 19 QB pressures, five passes defensed, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a safety ... Posted two tackles (one solo), including one for loss, a sack (-7.0 yards) of QB Matt Ryan and two QB pressures vs. Atlanta (9/9) ... Produced five tackles (four solo), including one for loss and one QB pressure at Buffalo (9/16) ... Posted four tackles (three solo), including three tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks (-25.0 yards) and a safety of QB Drew Brees, four QB pressures and two passes defensed at New Orleans (9/23) ... Produced three solo tackles vs. San Diego (9/30) ... Grabbed four solo tackles, including two for loss, 2.0 sacks (-13.0 yards) of QB Joe Flacco and two QB pressures vs. Baltimore (10/7) ... Posted three tackles (two solo) and recorded his first career interception, picking off QB Josh Freeman and returning it 32 yards, and also recorded a pass defensed at Tampa Bay (10/14) ... Registered three tackles (two solo), including one for loss, and a QB pressure vs. Oakland (10/28) ... Posted nine tackles (six solo) at San Diego (11/1) ... Grabbed seven tackles (five solo), including one for loss, a sack (-3.0 yards) of QB Ben Roethlisberger, two QB pressures and forced a TE David Paulson fumble at Pittsburgh (11/12) ... Posted two solo tackles and a pass defensed vs. Cincinnati (11/18) ... Had four solo tackles, including two for loss, 2.0 sacks (-12.0 yards) of QB Peyton Manning, and four QB pressures vs. Denver (11/25) ... Generated three solo tackles, including two for loss, 1.0 sack (-9.0 yards) of QB Cam Newton, and a QB pressure vs. Carolina (12/2) ... Grabbed two tackles (one solo) and one QB pressure at Cleveland (12/9) ... Registered five tackles (four solo), a pass defensed and a fumble recovery on a RB Darren McFadden fumble at Oakland (12/16) ... Tallied one solo tackle and a QB pressure vs. Indianapolis (12/23) ... Grabbed nine tackles (eight solo) at Denver (12/30).
2011: Played in 16 games with 10 starts at left outside linebacker ... Named the club's Mack Lee Hill Award winner, an honor bestowed on Kansas City's top rookie or first-year player, becoming the ninth linebacker in team history to win the award and the first since LB Derrick Johnson in 2005 ... Recorded 70 tackles (63 solo), including 12.0 for loss, 5.5 sacks (-27.5 yards), a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, 12 QB pressures and four passes defensed ... Also had six special teams stops ... Recorded 10 solo tackles, including 3.0 for loss, a career-high 3.0 sacks (-15.0 yards), a forced fumble, three QB pressures and a pass defensed at Chicago (12/4). His 3.0 sacks tied for the highest single-game total by a rookie in Chiefs history ... Tallied a career-high 11 tackles (10 solo), including 2.0 for loss, 1.5 sacks (-5.5 yards), four QB pressures and a fumble recovery at Denver (1/1/12).
Played in 36 games with 24 starts at Georgia … Recorded 125 tackles (70 solo), with 20.0 sacks (-134.0 yards) and 38.0 tackles for loss (-168.0 yards) … Forced two fumbles and recovered two, returning one for an 18-yard touchdown … Added 78 QB pressures, five passes defensed and an interception ... Moved from defensive end to linebacker when team switched to 3-4 defense in 2010 ... Started all 13 games at weakside outside linebacker as a junior in 2010 … Finished third on team with 67 tackles (38 solo) … Led Georgia and ranked second in the SEC with a career-best 10.0 sacks (-67.0 yards) … Also led the Bulldogs and ranked second in the SEC with 18.5 tackles for loss (-81.0 yards) ... Had 44 QB pressures, two passes defensed and an interception ... Chosen the team's most valuable player … Earned All-SEC first-team honors from the Associated Press and SEC coaches … First-team All-American choice byNFL Draft Report, the Football Writers Association of America and the Walter Camp Football Foundation … Semifinalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award as the best defensive player as well as a finalist for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy as football's best defensive player and the Butkus Award as the country's top linebacker ... Started 10 games at strongside defensive end in 2009 as a sophomore … Recorded 39 tackles (22 solo) …Led the conference with 15.0 tackles for loss (-59.0 yards) … Also had 17 QB pressures, one forced fumble and one pass defensed ... Named to the Georgia Athletic Director's Honor Roll … An All-SEC second-team selection ... Had four tackles, 2.0 stops for a loss, including 1.0 sack vs. Arizona State, earning SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week honors ... Appeared in all 13 games (one start) as a redshirt freshman in 2008 … Recorded 19 tackles (10 solo), 4.5 tackles for loss (-28.0 yards), 2.5 sacks (-25.0 yards) and 16 QB pressures … Produced two passes defensed ... Redshirted as a true freshman in 2007 ... Majored in Housing.
• Named Atlanta Journal-Constitutionclass AAAA All-State honorable mention at Statesboro High School in Statesboro, Ga.
• Best in Georgia Top 50 selection.
• Earned all-region honors as a junior and senior.
• Led team to State Class 4A championship as a junior.
• Also lettered in basketball.
Additional Stats: Had six special teams tackles in 2011.
Single-Game Career Highs
Tackles: 11 (10 solo) at Denver (1/1/12)
Sacks: 4.5 at Philadelphia (9/19/13)
Sack Yards: 28.0 yards at Philadelphia (9/19/13)
Interceptions: 1 at Tampa Bay (10/14/12)
Interception Return Yards: 32 at Tampa Bay (10/14/12)
Passes Defensed: 3 at Philadelphia (9/19/13)
Forced Fumbles: 1 at Chicago (12/4/11), at Pittsburgh (11/12/12) and at Philadelphia (9/19/13)
Fumble Recoveries: 2 at Philadelphia (9/19/13)
QB Pressures: 5 at Philadelphia (9/19/13)
|2013 - Chiefs|
|12/29||@ San Diego||Active, Did Not Play|
|2012 - Chiefs|
|9/23||@ New Orleans||3||1||4||3||3.0||0-0||0||0||4||2|
|10/14||@ Tampa Bay||2||1||3||0||0.0||1-32||0||0||0||1|
|11/1||@ San Diego||6||3||9||0||0.0||0-0||0||0||0||0|
|2011 - Chiefs|
|9/25||@ San Diego||3||2||5||0||0.0||0-0||0||0||0||0|
|11/21||@ New England||2||0||2||0||0.0||0-0||0||0||2||0|
|12/11||@ N.Y. Jets||5||1||6||2||1.0||0-0||0||0||0||0|