|Hometown:||Glen Burnie, Md.|
|NFL Exp.:||6 (6th with Chiefs)|
• Sixth-year offensive lineman has played in 73 games (71 starts) at left tackle.
• Joined the Chiefs as the 15th overall selection in the 2008 NFL Draft.
• Entered the 2008 NFL Draft with a year of eligibility remaining.
Designated Kansas City's franchise player (3/4/13) ... Signed with Kansas City (7/24/08) ... Selected with the second of the Chiefs two first-round selections (15th overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft.
2012: Played in 13 games (11 starts), was active but did not play in one contest, and was inactive in two games with a back injury ... Started at left tackle vs. Atlanta (9/9), at Buffalo (9/16), at New Orleans (9/23), vs. San Diego (9/30), vs. Baltimore (10/7), at Tampa Bay (10/14), vs. Oakland (10/28), at San Diego (11/1), at Pittsburgh (11/12) and vs. Cincinnati (11/18) before leaving with a back injury ... Was inactive vs. Denver (11/25) with a back injury suffered vs. Cincinnati (11/18) ... Appeared on special teams and as a reserve offensive lineman vs. Carolina (12/2) ... Opened at left tackle at Cleveland (12/9) ... Was active but did not play at Oakland (12/16) with a back injury ... Appeared on special teams and as an extra offensive lineman vs. Indianapolis (12/23) ... Was inactive at Denver (12/30) with a back injury.
2011: Started all 16 games for the first time in his career, opening every contest at left tackle.
2010: Started 15 games at left tackle ... Was active but did not play at Seattle (11/28) after suffering a groin injury vs. Arizona (11/21) ... Returned to the starting lineup at LT vs. Denver (12/5) ... Started at LT in an AFC Wild Card Game vs. Baltimore (1/9/11).
2009: Started 14 games at left tackle and was inactive for two contests with an ankle injury ... Started at left tackle before leaving with an ankle injury vs. Dallas (10/11) and was inactive at Washington (10/18) and vs. San Diego (10/25) with that injury ... Returned to the starting lineup at LT at Jacksonville (11/8).
2008: Started 15 games at left tackle and was inactive for one contest after missing all four preseason games with a foot injury suffered in training camp ... Started his first career game at left tackle at New England (9/7) ... Left the game in the second quarter with an elbow injury vs. Denver (9/28) and was inactive at Carolina (10/5) with that injury ... Returned to the starting lineup at left tackle vs. Tennessee (10/19).
Started all 37 games during his three-year career at Virginia ... Started all 13 games as a junior in 2007, lining up 11 contests at left guard and two games at left tackle ... Earned first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors ... Opened all 12 contests at left guard as a sophomore in 2006, earning All-ACC honorable mention accolades ... Started 12 games at left guard as a true freshman in 2005 ... Garnered third-team freshman All-America honors and freshman All-ACC team accolades fromThe Sporting News... Became just the fourth true freshman to start a bowl game in Virginia history when he got the opening nod in the Music City Bowl vs. Minnesota ... Majored in Sociology.
• A two-way prep standout at Glen Burnie High School in Glen Burnie, Md.
• Was a standout basketball player and did not start playing football until his junior year of high school when the football coaches convinced him to try out.
• Played both defensive tackle and offensive tackle during his junior and senior seasons.
• Picked up first-team all-metro accolades as an offensive lineman by theBaltimore Sun.
• Also earned second-team all-metro honors on the basketball court, averaging 15.5 points and 10.6 rebounds per game as a senior.
• Spent one year playing football at Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va., in 2004.
• Brother, Ashley Sims, played football at Maryland ('96).